Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, February 20, 2012

Flowers, 2nd Grade

I've done this lesson several times in the past, but I love it every time. This is a very simple lesson that looks great.
I begin by having the students cut a vase out of paper. After this, we begin making the pedals. I have the students cut through four pieces of paper at once, in order to create four symmetrical petals. We then bent the petals and glued them to the paper. The petals should stick up off the page. Lastly, students used oil pastels to add stems and other details. These remind me of Spring.

1 comment: